Weekly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Entry is open to all residents of the UK but excludes parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be confirmed by post within 21 days. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the winning number). Only lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in players’ lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The winning number will be published on the MDUK website www.musculardystrophyuk.org/lottery and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 821 983. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the winning number. Prizes for the Weekly Lottery are published on the MDUK website www.musculardystrophyuk.org/lottery. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in order for prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in order for prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in order for prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in order for prize of £5.
- From the proceeds of all ticket sales in 2019, 20% was spent on expenses, 20% on prizes and 60% was used to fund our important work.
- Muscular Dystrophy is not responsible for any delays in bank payments. Entries can only be included in the lottery once full payment for each entry has been received.
- CAF payments cannot be accepted to pay for lottery entries. All CAF payments will be returned with a request for alternative payment or treated as donations.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- MDUK reserves the right to use the winners’ names for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from Berkshire.
- MDUK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. MDUK or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. No detail in an application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for contact details such as change of address.
- The rules are subject to change by MDUK or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on www.musculardystrophyuk.org/lottery.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the lottery in any way, the organisers reserve the right to fairly administer the lottery as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Muscular Dystrophy will notify entrants of the error.
- Muscular Dystrophy is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the website https://lottery.musculardystrophyuk.org/problem-gambling or request from the Lottery Helpline number.
- The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five.
Promoter: Catherine Woodhead, Chief Executive, Muscular Dystrophy UK, 61a Great Suffolk Street, LONDON SE1 0BU.
For full terms and conditions visit www.musculardystrophyuk.org/lottery.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is registered under The Small Society Lotteries (Registration of Non-Commercial Societies) Regulations 2007 and registered by the London Borough of Southwark. Registration Certificate No: R0298
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 24 hours a day) www.begambleaware.org
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Muscular Dystrophy UK will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Muscular Dystrophy UK to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Muscular Dystrophy UK or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Muscular Dystrophy UK asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.